But some of you aren't quite as fortunate, and don't exactly know about all of my quirks. So since it's been a while since I've done much of anything on my blog, I thought this time around I'd share some of the things that make me the super-unique piece of magic that I am, because lets face it - who WOULDN'T want to read that.
Also, I'd like to go ahead and apologize to my mother, because after I publish this I'm almost positive I'll never get a boyfriend/get married soooo yeah. I'll get you some grand-puppies.
- I use super fun words and phrases like totes, holla, PTL, craycrayy, and okie dokie artichokey. I really do have a great vocab, these words are just more fun to say, especially when you're in a hyper-cray mood like I get sometimes. However, I also have a modified vocab. For example, instead of using the "F" word when referring to passing gas, I say smeech. The "F" word is gross to me, I'd so much rather accuse my brother of smeeching.
- A lot of these supes fun words are emphasized by my lisp. Yep, 21 year old grown woman and I have a speech impediment. It's whatevs though, everyone called me Kip in high school, but I'm almost positive it was out of love.
- I'm 21 years old and a little bit obsessed with art history, especially the Italian Renaissance, while other girls my age are a little bit obsessed with Pretty Little Liars and The Bachelorette. I consider myself lucky that the majority of the drama in my obsession, however, concerns things like whether or not Michelangelo enjoyed painting the Sistine Ceiling (for the record, he didn't - it made his back and neck hurt and he hated the paint dripping in his beard). One time, Target released a special collection of Andy Warhol Campbell Soup cans, and I made my mother take me the day they came out to get a collection for my room. I'm THAT cool.
- The only TV I really watch right now consists of Spongebob and Big Bang Theory, and then I watch every episode of Go On and Baby Daddy on Hulu. I don't have time for TV shows that make my brain work. As horrible as that sounds, I don't even feel obligated to defend it, after I come home from school/3 jobs/church/family functions, I'd so much rather have good humor than actual substance (like most people are actually getting any thing "substantial" from their TV shows anyways, lawlz).
- I'm a full-time student (art history major at that), I have 3 jobs, I'm active in my church choir and I work in the children's ministry at my church. And I have a very close-knit family, which means family functions are a huge priority for me. So basically, I have no life, which means I can't afford to be in a relationship with people that are super-clingy/always wanting to hang out ALWAYS. WHICH MEANS I don't typically win many guys over lol.
- I act like a total dude half of the time. I burp like a boss (but only in the appropriate settings), I hate talking about feelings, and if I could live at the Ballpark I totally would. And if you're a dude with a weaker burp than mine, I'll definitely call you out on it. BUT I'm totes a girly-girl too. Obsessed with shoes, clothing, and anything that sparkles. So really, I don't even know how you would classify me on the boy-girl-tendency-scale, I'm just all over the place.
- I have the weirdest sense of humor... it's like a mix between punny (HAH), five-year-old humor, and intellectual jokes....but really I'll just laugh at anything - I mean ANYTHING. Ask my coworkers.
- I AM DEATHLY AFRAID OF ROACHES. I don't even like saying that word, and the fact that I typed it is making me cringe. They make me cry - and I mean like literally sob. I just can't deal with them. I'm totally okay with spiders, snakes, all those fun things, but r*@&#!% make me miserable. When I go to the reptile/bug exhibits at zoos, I have to make whoever I'm with look at the displays before me and tell me whether or not I can look, because if I accidentally look at the Madagascar Hissing r*@&#!%, it's game over for the day.
- I have a 3 year old pet goldfish named FishFish that I treat like a pet puppy. I talk to him, make kissy-faces at him, the whole shebang. Actually, his 3rd Birthday (or adoption anniversary) is exactly one week from now, and I plan on getting him a new aquarium decoration to celebrate. He's great, I love him.
- I'm super in love with Batman, which by now EVERYONE should know. I went with my best friend to the screening of the trilogy for the midnight release of Dark Knight Rises, wore my supes cute Batman t-shirt, and took BatBear with me. BatBear went with me to Batman Live, and recently, I was gifted a supes cute Batman pocket-knife that BatBear uses to defend my bedroom. I call my car the BatMobile, and when I don't know how to reply to my bestie Andrew, I say "Shrimpballs?" and he knows what I mean. FishFish one time died and came back to life like 15 minutes later, and earned himself the nickname "Ra's al Gold" since he's apparently like a supes immortal fish or whatevs.It's a little bit of an obsession, but I'm not upset about it. At least I don't like stupid superheroes like The Hulk.
- I'm also super obsessed with food. I love trying new foods and indulging in deliciousness, I just eat relatively small portions. However, I go through weird phases with my food too. Like one time when I was a kid, I was so in love with tacos that I had a taco charm on my charm bracelet. OR Dad likes to point out the time when I refused to eat seafood for like 2 years, which he thinks was a direct result of me watching Finding Nemo (which could totes be true, who knows.) Also, people often identify me by my cult-followings of foods like McRibs and Spicy Ketchup, and my Christmas&Birthday gift-cards often match up accordingly.
- I'm a little bit weird about odd numbers. I can't stand things being even - ie. I have 3 piercings on one ear and 1 on the other; I always grab napkins in sets of 3 or 5 (3 if it's for myself, 5 if it's for me and a friend); I use odd numbers in my interior design/decorating; my AC in my car has to be set on an odd numbered temperature; the volume on the TV has to be set on an odd number; etc.
- I like weird music. I listen to groups like The Weepies and Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zeros, which are totally amazing to me but totally not for other people.
And then two seconds later I can turn to Beastie Boys, Zac Brown Band, Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir and System of a Down. I'm tellin you, my taste is all over the place.
- I don't like to party. I'd much rather have a movie night or go to dinner with my friends. So sue me.
- I'm very expressive. I make weird faces and do weird hand gestures and blahblahblah, mostly because it's fun and I don't care that people think some of the faces I make are dumb. You'll be okay. Most of them are me pretending to be you anyways.
Anyways, that's basically me. Those are the things that make me weird/unique/whatever you want to call it. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Peace out Girl Scout.